What Does Pelvic Floor Treatment Involve?
Your treatment is held in a private setting and begins with a 60-minute initial appointment where we will review your history and create a treatment plan.
Appointments may include:
- Private one-on-one consultation to discuss your individual issues and medical history
- Education about the structure and function of the pelvic organs; bladder habits; and dietary triggers.
- Internal assessment of the strength and endurance of the pelvic muscles
- Assessment of posture and breathing patterns
- Individualized progressive strengthening exercises for the pelvic and core muscles including integration of posture, breathing and dynamic activities
- Physiotherapy techniques to normalize tone and improve tissue mobility
- Eduction as to how to better manage your symptoms