Office Manager – Kerrisdale
We are seeking an Office Manager who will be responsible for overseeing various aspects of our clinic’s operations, with a strong focus on leadership, client care, office management, and financial responsibilities. This multifaceted role requires a dynamic and organized leader with a passion for ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of our clinic.
If you are looking to join a growing team of health care professionals in a boutique Kerrisdale practice, we would invite you to submit your cover letter and resume to share why you would be a perfect fit for this position.
Leadership of Front Desk Staff and Therapists
Front Desk Staff:
- Recruit, train, and onboard new front desk staff.
- Provide daily management and guidance to front desk staff, including scheduling, issue resolution, workload distribution, communication, client care, and administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with part-time receptionist to support various administrative duties, such as managing accounts receivables, Teleplan submissions, rejections, and reporting timelines.
- Develop and maintain clear roles and responsibilities for front desk staff.
- Create performance plans for front office staff and conduct semi-annual performance reviews.
- Identify opportunities for professional development and growth among the front desk team.
- Foster open and effective communication between front desk staff and office management to enhance the patient experience.
- Lead and support front desk staff in managing therapist daily schedules to optimize bookings and ensure client satisfaction.
- Establish strong communication channels between front desk staff and therapists to provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Develop and maintain a welcoming and friendly clinic environment for all patients, focusing on exceptional customer service and a well-organized physical environment.
- Implement innovative ideas, procedures, and processes to enhance the overall patient experience.
Office Management Support
- Manage, organize, and replenish all office supplies and inventory, ensuring optimal levels and cost-effective procurement.
- Generate monthly statistical reports for the clinic and each therapist.
- Create and update a comprehensive management binder containing how-to documents for all front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the clinic remains clean, organized, and sanitized throughout each day.
- Identify and report challenges and opportunities to the clinic’s partners.
- Provide limited website update support for treloarphysio.com, following guidance from TPK partners.
- Undertake additional projects as assigned by the TPK partners.
Handle bookkeeping tasks in Quickbooks Online, including:
- Recording individual deposits from direct-billing extended health insurers, online payments, etc., and allocating deposits to staff members accurately and on time.
- Managing income deposits from Jane payments.
- Tracking daily POS deposits and cash deposits.
- Submitting journal entries for monthly Visa statements and reconciling them with appropriate accounts.
- Balancing month-end reports and tracking all outstanding cheques and deposits for the following month.
- Creating new income, expense, and payroll item accounts as needed.
- Utilizing Quickbooks Online Month End Reports for monthly bank reconciliation.
- Generating journal entries to adjust and correct various debits and credits.
- Preparing journal entries for payments (rent/leases, etc.) and payroll liabilities.
- Filing T4s as required.
Manage bi-monthly payroll tasks, including:
- Recording deposits from extended health insurers throughout the week, assigning the correct amounts to practitioners, and clearing outstanding invoices on Jane.
- Creating individual payroll reports for each staff member, including Independent Contractor invoices and GST breakdowns.
- Preparing individual excel sheets for each practitioner to outline their weekly earnings and transposing this information into Quickbooks Online for payroll.
- Ensuring specialty payroll items (e.g., benefits, vacation) are added or deducted as needed.
Reconcile various accounts, including:
- Ensuring bank deposits match payroll and are accurately recorded in Quickbooks Online and applied in Jane.
- Managing, recording, and tracking all Visa purchases.
- Reconciling the previous night’s cash-out each morning.
- Balancing cash deposits each week and making bank deposits as required.
Work with the front desk staff to oversee 3rd party health insurer relationships, including ICBC/WSBC/MSP and other Extended Health Insurers, by:
- Liaising with these providers for requesting extensions, handling general inquiries, etc.
- Managing Teleplan rejections and submissions.
- Tracking and managing accounts receivables.
- Managing WSBC and ICBC Reporting, including sending off reports and reminding physiotherapists of report deadlines.
Overseeing invoice payments and ensuring timely payment of both one-time and recurring invoices.
Who you are:
- An inspirational leader and motivator who brings out the best of those around them.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Problem solver.
- A compassionate style of management and commitment to team development.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in office management/ customer service settings.
- Strong organizational, financial, and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Outlook).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Commitment to maintaining patient and financial confidentiality.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Jane App is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with WorkSafe BC (WSBC), ICBC and MSP billing is an asset.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Salary range of $56,000 – $60,000.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
How to apply:
If you are a highly organized and dynamic professional with a passion for healthcare administration and financial management, we invite you to apply to our post. Please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. In your cover letter, express why you are the ideal candidate for this position and how your skills align with our clinic’s values and goals.