Cancer Recovery Exercise Program Vancouver
Cancer and its treatments can cause many different side effects that impact physical functioning, independence and quality of life. Exercise is a safe and effective treatment strategy and helps prevent, manage and improve side effects of cancer treatments and is recommended at all stages of cancer.
Exercise can help you to:
- Reduce cancer related fatigue and pain
- Improve fitness, muscle mass, strength and bone health
- Increase balance, range of motion and cognitive function
- Enhance long-term survival
- Increase joint range of motion and flexibility
- Prepare for upcoming surgery or treatment
- Manage & rebuild after treatments
Our Exercise Physiology & Physiotherapy team is specialized in working with people with a cancer diagnosis. We see patients before, during and after cancer treatments (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormone therapy, etc.) and into recovery and survivorship. Our team understands the complexities of the cancer journey and that your experience is unique and individual and we tailor your rehabilitation and exercise plans accordingly.
Our sessions are designed to support you physically, from diagnosis through to survivorship, and you can use our services at any point in your cancer journey. Your partner or support person is also able to accompany you during your sessions.