If you or your employees are experiencing back pain, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, or shoulder and neck pain it is possible your workstation may not be set-up correctly.
As the work population becomes more sedentary, injuries are increasing. Repetitive strain injuries and musculoskeletal injuries are becoming the norm amongst the sedentary workforce. These injuries can lead to acute or chronic pain and effect your productivity and ability to lead an active lifestyle.
You wouldn’t wear a pair of shoes that don’t fit yet many people sit at a desk or work station for hours each day that doesn’t fit their body.
What is an Ergonomic Assessment?
An Ergonomic Assessment is the best way to prevent and combat injuries sustained due to poor workstation set-up, awkward posture, or improper ergonomic products. Our ergonomic assessment, carried out by kinesiologists with years of experience in the field includes the following;
- Review of client concerns, pre-existing injuries, work history and work tasks.
- Assessment to observe the clients primary and secondary work spaces, chair set-up and functional workspace including keyboard, mouse and monitor set-up.
- Recommendations for improvements and engineering adjustments on site.
- Education on how the client can reduce the effects of repetitive strain injury including preventative measures, exercises/stretch breaks and postural correction.
A follow-up report detailing the assessment, product recommendations and any changes that may be required.
$210 single assessment
- 15% off for 3+ assessments
- 20% off for 6+ assessments
To book an assessment please contact Treloar Physiotherapy at 604-875-6207.
Ergonomic Lunch and Learn Seminars are also available for groups.